Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

First thing on New Year's Day, Mommy checked in on the girls. Juice the Cat really wanted in their room, making me wonder what was going on in there. It was quiet and still....but Miri had abandoned her bed and was in with Aleaha. Aaaawwwwww....
 
Towards the end of the day, before we completely lost sunlight, I asked the girls if they wanted to take a walk with me. They did, but apparently the "with Mom" part was lost on them, because this the closest I ever got to them - they took off quickly!

(Cool branch formation in the oak trees, so I had to snap it. It looks like the limb on the left extends up then over and connects down in the ground. But it's just an illusion.)

The played "Buddies", running arm-in-arm together for a ways.
 
You can bet I will be reminding them of these moments in the future!!
 

Then Miri pulled Aleaha for a spell.

And they high-tailed it up the hill, a long way from me.

Here's the kicker...it's hard to see, but Miri finally turned to face me, put her hands at the sides of her cheeks, and gave me a loud, "Nya-na-na-Nya-Nya".
 
Nice.
 
Well, it must have been fleeting, because later she wanted to take a bath together and give me a good overly-soaped scrubbing from head to toe, as only a darling 4-yr-old can do. Love that.

No comments: